Thursday 17 May 2012

10 More Minutes song by the Genealogy Widower, Michael Stewart

I hope you get as much of a laugh from this song as I did. I dedicate it to all the long-suffering partners out there, the ones who'll wait (or even help!) while we trawl through a cemetery looking for a headstone that's "just got to be here somewhere!"

Here's a link to the song, and below are the lyrics:

http://www.reverbnation.com/thegenealogywidower




10 More Minutes by The Genealogy Widower.
I get home from work to the same routine
I'm the one making dinner, my wife stares at the screen
I'm watching the evening news, she's following up some lead
I say "Lets go to bed?' and she ignores me...as she says
*
"Ten more minutes, I'll be right there!"
Then four hours pass on by
"Ten more minutes!" She just found something
She'll be staying up all night
*
When the weekend comes I hope to hit the scenes
But she's in hot pursuit that means she's glued to her seat
There's this great big fire building up in me
I must admit, I want to burn all those shaking leaves
Every time she says...
*
Chorus
*
So we live out the same scene almost everyday
We may be in the same room but she's
miles and miles away
*
Chorus out

1 comment:

  1. Hey Janelle...thanks for the post! Come join me on Google+ and facebook http://www.facebook.com/TheGenealogyWidower

    ReplyDelete